Monday, July 28, 2014

Complaint about UT-San Diego: the newspaper agent refused to cancel my online subscription

When I canceled my UT-San Diego online subscription a few weeks ago, I had a feeling that UT-San Diego wasn't going to follow through, so I put a note on my calendar to check if UT-San Diego made another withdrawal from my checking account.

Sure enough, they charged me on July 22, 2014.

I called just now, and the senior representative said she didn't have a record of my previous call.

"Did you call in on another number?" she asked. 

Apparently some of the phone numbers for UT-San Diego ARE STAFFED BY PEOPLE WHO DON'T CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WHEN YOU REQUEST IT--AND THEY ALSO DON'T RECORD THE CALL.

You must call the regular customer service at 800-533-8830.  Don't call any of the numbers for online subscriptions.  


No comments: